Tuesday, January 12, 2016

12th January

Oh My Dear,

It was a long and wonderful holiday, was it not?  I hope you will forgive my failure to write yesterday.  I still have many post-holiday tasks to accomplish!  Last night we had Snow.  Did you have it in The City as well?  We are having more today, and it is Dreadfully Cold, which would not matter too much except that Daphne and I are obliged to take Mr Beaufort's dog out twice daily.  In truth, though, he is a good dog, and enjoys the walks in the snow so much that it is impossible to begrudge him the necessary time spent in the Elements.  Today he found a set of tracks near the entrance to Briar Wood, and insisted on putting his nose deep into each and every one of the prints.

In spite of all I needed to accomplish, I was able to snatch a few moments to crochet some pouches for the purpose of organising index cards.  My pouch is holding a set of cards inscribed with various and sundry of my Post-Holiday Tasks, and Daphne's holds her Biology flashcards, which she writes as we study each new section:


 I am glad that you were pleased with the small automaton I slipped into your bag.  It seemed very eager to accompany you to The City, and I am certain that it will enjoy many adventures with Yotsuba, Alphonse, and Colonel Mustang.  Be sure to send me some photographs if they have any amusing interactions. 

Durango is very happy to finally have the proper colour of hair, but it desperately needs a trim, and I will admit to being trepidatious about doing it myself.

He still is in urgent need of a shirt, as the only one he owns is still that emergency string vest which I crocheted for him while you were at home.  Poor Dear! 

Well, I must fly.  More tomorrow!  I am so looking forward to Wednesday.  And, of course, Thursday, when I shall see you again!! 

Your Ever Loving,

Mumsy

No comments:

Post a Comment