Wednesday, December 16, 2015

16th December

My Precious Darling,

You will hardly countenance what has happened after the incident with the Highwaymen, but I must inform you, regardless.

Werewolves.

Is it not too, too much?  It is for me, that is certain.  I cannot fully recount the horrors; it is too traumatic.  Suffice it to say that there was much blood, some rending of flesh, and an uncanny amount of flying fur.  The smell of gunpowder still lingers.  It is not altogether unpleasant.  I have sent you a picture of my wounded nose, as you may recall.  Only that and my pride took a blow, which is more than can be said for the wolf-men.

I know not how they came upon our house, for it is not their wont to leave the forest, but I returned Sunday night to find them lying in wait for me.  There was a large one, clad in red silks and wearing double golden hoops in both ears, who seemed to be their leader, so it was he whom I targeted first.  Once I had disposed of him, confusion reigned.  I was able to rid the Earth of 3 more specimens before the remainder fled.  I have kept the hoops as a trophy.


As part of my recovery, I have made myself a Strengthening Soup, which you see here.  It was quite delicious!


The Henriksons come to visit this night, and I have not yet told them of the attack, for I want not that they should think ill of our situation in this neighbourhood.  Was it very wrong of me?  I am not concerned for their safety, for once the leader had died, the remaining wolf-men seemed to lose all sense of purpose.  I believe that without him, they will neither re-form their group, nor attack.

Your sister, Katrina, today accepted an offer of employment at the Javanese alchemist's.  She is much pleased, for she is in great need of more money now that she has been accepted into the College to which she earlier applied.  She will learn much about the Dark Art of Brewing, I am certain. 

Your sisters and brother are now on a break from their studies, and I look forward to collecting you tomorrow!   Oh, what Fun we shall have!  Until then!

All My Love,

Mother


No comments:

Post a Comment