Tuesday, October 27, 2015

27 October

Dearest Mother,

I am sorry that I have not been able to find the time to compose a letter to you until now. My studies are progressing quite well and I find myself having been struck a gentler blow than usual this week in regards to home-work. I may even have a moment or two to spend drawing whatever I please. I find this a pleasant surprise - all too often I want to throw my hands into the air and cry "I cannot draw, for I must draw!" &c., &c.

I am very glad that you sent with me those small parcels of vitamin preparations, for I fear that I may be coming down with some sort of malady. I do hope it is not Dutch flu, Russian flu, or any of those other horrible geographic variations of malaise. If all goes well, I will be healed by the time we are to attend Mr W. E. E. Bronson's ball this Thursday and Friday to come.

For luncheon today I dined on one of the preparations which we procured from Mr Kroger this past week-end - a dish of Spanish origin, I think. I found it quite agreeable; indeed it reminded me of those delightful poches chaudes which were common fare for us several years ago.

Last night I made a sojourn to the Taubman estate so that I might have one of my pieces of art reproduced in physical form. The journey was quite agreeable - true, the carriage track is bumpy, but it is not at all unpleasant, and I love to see the town at night with all its lantern lights.

I do not think that I have any more news for now, but I will keep you up to date on any future occurrences. I very much look forward to seeing all of you in scarce over two days' time!

Lots of love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment