Monday, November 2, 2015

2nd November

Hello My Darling,

I must apologise most sincerely for not writing much this week past.  As you know, I was deep in the throes of preparing for the arrival of the Henriksons, and the servants were being quite difficult.  I am very pleased to announce that I have finally procured the services of a new butler.  He is known by the name Sebastian Michaelis, and he comes most highly recommended.  In fact, the impeccability of his reputation is such that I am certain you will find his name to be known even among your fellow students in The City.  Unfortunately, he is finishing out a contract abroad, so I do not expect his arrival until the 14th of November at the very earliest, and possibly as late as the end of the month.  In the meantime, I attend to the chaos on my own, and eagerly await his arrival.  As you can see, he appears to be most capable, even when faced with unusual circumstances.



My Dear, I so enjoyed our time together at Mr W. E. E. Bronson's ball!  What a delightful event that was.  I found the guests of honour to be most humble and charming.  What perfect gentlemen!  And I was delighted that your father, brother and sisters could all return with us to the estate on Sunday.  I am already looking forward to next year's ball.

I took some more items to the shop today and found that I had a not unwelcome sum waiting for me from goods I had sold previously.  Eighty dollars and twenty-five cents if you can countenance it!  My pocketbook was positively bulging!  I have put the money away with the intention of using it on adoption fees for Durango when I find him.  And you, too, have some monies that I shall keep safe for you, as one of your clay birds has sold!  Is that not most pleasing?  I have already taken it to the Post Office and shipped it off.

I would like to write more, but I have mountains of laundry to attend to and the servants in the washroom will need direction.  In addition, Hazel still needs dragging about.  I do wish she were more self-motivated, but what can one do?  Also, after my success at the shop in town, I am quite inspired to discover more items to be sold.  I look forward to seeing you again in three days' time.

All my love,

Mother


Post Script: I have just received a communication on The Instrument from our Dear Friend, Miss Millicent Hughes.  She will be calling shortly.  I must prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment