Thursday, December 10, 2015

10th December

Hello My Darling,

I still revel in not being lost in the cold, dark wood.  I have treated myself to several cups of strong, hot coffee since my misadventures there.  I thought it therapeutic, too, to take up some knitting, and so I made a festive Christmas hat for Durango as you can see here:




I did not have a pattern, but I think it looks well on him, and he was happy to have it.  He asks, though, that I make a shirt the next priority, and I quite agree.  Pippa and Kiki have said that they would like to have some hats, too, so I shall have to use my time wisely.

I was so happy to hear that your week is progressing quickly.  Have you perchance gotten another glimpse of Miss Moomintroll?  I should dearly love to see a photograph of her, should the opportunity arise.

This morning, Wheatley took it upon himself to climb to the top of the Christmas tree and remove the star by means of some violence.  It crashed down onto Rupert's cage, which must have startled the poor creature, though he did not come out to investigate.  I have not yet replaced the star, for I believe I should devise some means of securing it, first. 

I must cut today's epistle short, as I will be seeing you this evening, and I must prepare to take the carriage to fetch George from his lessons.  I am glad that the fog has gone, for that way lies through the Glimmer Forest, and I have not yet fully recovered from the disaster in Martin's Wood!  Mrs Burberry has informed me that trained alligators are become highly sought after as traveling companions for the purpose of security.  Have you heard of this notion?  I certainly had not!  I should imagine the alligators to be nearly as dangerous as the Highwaymen - nay perhaps more!  She did specify that the beasts are carefully schooled, but in my experience, one can never be quite certain what an alligator is thinking, and I should not deem it an advisable solution.

I come to fetch you tonight!  (Never fear - you will not find an alligator upon entering the carriage!)

All My Love,

Mother


No comments:

Post a Comment