Wednesday, December 2, 2015

2nd December

My Darling Daughter,

 I hope this letter finds you well.  All are well here at home.  We have had a small quantity of snow, but nothing much.

The Armstrongs have encouraged me to add a strengthening regimen to my day, and so you must expect to find some unusual equipment around the family home upon your return.  Most notable is a device which allows one to strengthen the arms and torso by means of lifting oneself up by use of the arm muscles alone.  It is most invigourating!

Today, as I found that I was not required at the Armstrongs' manor, I busied myself with the making of something for the Little People.  Here you see my final creation - a Pillow with ruffled edge and a Pocket containing a Bear.


I passed by Mrs Bennett's house today and took the opportunity to peek in at the windows in hopes of catching a glimpse of Sebastian there, but to no avail.  If she has managed to ensnare him, she is keeping him well hidden.  At least for the time being. 

I received a package from the Orient the other day, but have not yet opened it, being undecided whether or not to wait for Christmas.  It is possible that it might contain some clothing for Durango, but I am uncertain.  As things stand, he will still be in desperate need of clothing when his ship arrives.   I know that Sebastian would be able to whip up something appropriate in next to no time were he here.  Alas.  I have thought about  talking to Mr Wooster about parting with his man, Jeeves, but it would seem to be a waste of time, for I feel that they are quite devoted to one another.  Perhaps, though, his man could put me in contact with a good agency.  I shall continue to think on this.

I am afraid I have not much more to write on today, but I shall be seeing you tomorrow and am glad of that!

Your Loving,

Mumsy

No comments:

Post a Comment