Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Post Script

My Darling Girl,

You will never believe it.  I have located Durango!  He is in Scotland!  I made arrangements for his immediate passage as soon as I had notice, and he took ship today.  He should arrive within a sennight.  Now I am all in a frenzy of sewing, for it appears he has no wardrobe and I cannot allow him to go about naked as a savage (or a Pict!)  I have found some patterns that should look quite wll on him.  I believe he will be in need of a pair of spectacles, too, but that will have to wait until his arrival to make sure of their strength.  I am so pleased that he will be here in time for his first proper Christmas with us.

The mitts for Prussia are going more slowly than anticipated, but I have nearly finished with the first.  I have only 2 rows of ribbing left and it will be complete.  I think the arrangement of the colours very pleasing, and I believe the second will go more quickly than the first now that I have some experience with the unusual method of construction. 

~You see here another fragment I had thought to have finished.  Save me from myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment