Tuesday, December 1, 2015

1st December

Hello My Darling,

December has arrived in a sluice of showers.  Actually, it's more of a dreary drizzle, but regardless of what one calls it, the out-of-doors is rather damp.

Your sister Katrina was interviewed for a job at the Town Library today.  All seemed to go well.  We shall see in time what will be the result.  She has been stalking the Post Man in eager anticipation of an acceptance letter from her college of choice, but as they were only supposed to be sent out today, none, of course, has been forthcoming as of yet.

The Armstrongs are faring well in their clean-up of the ruined part of their domicile, but there was another attack made yesterday.  The perpetrator was seen to be wearing a white suit as he fled the scene.  Nothing much was hurt, but three of their holly bushes were somewhat trampled, and there was evidence that he was attempting to place some explosives near the main entrance.

Also, I have had some success in the breeding of the dragons.  I had initially thought to sell the offspring, but I find that it is difficult to do when they are so beautiful.  Perhaps I shall let them mature first.  That will bring up their value at any rate.

Rupert had a nail trimming and a bath today.  Whilst he was thus occupied, Bentley crept into his cage and began devouring his foodstuffs.  Previously, he had occupied himself with terrorising Knitler.  At least he is busy.

Can you discern how dull I am feeling today?  I think perhaps it is the weather.  Or perhaps the fact that I did not sleep too well last night.  I should dearly love to stay in this evening, but it is my night to teach the Fighting Arts of the Orient, and I have a class to take as well.  I know that I will enjoy it, but right now I desire nothing more that a cup of drinking chocolate and a seat by the fire with my knitting.

I despair now of Sebastian ever arriving.  I am quite certain that he was waylaid by that overambitious Mrs Bennett.  I have half a mind to employ a combination of stealth and my Fighting Arts to procure him for myself!  I even thought - only briefly - of employing Mr Kim Blee to aid me in this pursuit, but there are some levels to which no one should ever stoop, no matter how desperate.  Please remind me of this when next you are home.  And speaking of that - I come to collect you in only 2 days' time!  Hurrah!

I shall try to have more news for you next time.  In the mean-time, I shall be exceedingly lazy and leave you with this wonder of scientific achievement:





All My Love,

Mother


No comments:

Post a Comment