Thursday, November 12, 2015

12th November

Hello My Sweet,

Today your sister Daphne and I performed our civic duty through volunteer activities at the Town Library.  The requirement of the day took surprisingly little time, however, and we were home in a trice. 

When we returned home, I remembered to seek out the work of Italian composer Ludovico Einaudi.  I had wanted to find it since hearing a fragment of the piece you will hear featured here:


I am profoundly moved by his music.  Would it not be most wonderful if we were able to attend a public performance of his works?  At the very least, I shall endeavour to find some sheet music to purchase for the pianoforte.

If you desire a more comprehensive performance, you are certain to enjoy this display given at the Royal Albert Hall:


Your brother is of a mind to create an ambience for you using that miraculous engine which he so recently discovered.  I asked him whether he intended to use primarily sounds of chewing and whistling, but he claims not.  I do hope that that is truly not his intention, for I should hate to lose him at so tender an age.

In spite of all the schooling of your sister and the overseeing of the servants, I was able to produce another decoden piece today.  I like it very well.


I know not whether you can tell from this representation, but there is a small homage to Cousin Winry's Apple Pie contained therein.  I have not yet decided the final purpose of the container, but I shall most likely utilise it for the storage of clothing or shoes for the Little People.

Mr Ho has done nothing with the grounds for days, and I begin to fear that he has been enticed away by Bertie W's Aunt Agatha.  What we shall do with all of the leaves that carpet the lawns, I can not imagine.  For now, I think there is nothing to be done, as it is too cold and damp.  In fact, I have had to fortify myself with some drinking chocolate, and a piece of toasted bread with cheese.  I find that they are very beneficial in helping to combat the cold.

I shall have to bundle up very well for the carriage ride, but I look forward to collecting you this evening.

Your Loving,

Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment