Monday, November 23, 2015

19th November

Hello Dearest,

I must apologise profusely for my failure to write yesterday.  I believed myself to have plenty of time, yet before I knew it, the day had gone.

I began by helping our friend R to navigate through some difficulties.  As you know, since the murder of his beloved wife and the kidnapping of his son, he is distraught and in much need of assistance.  Together we spoke with his man, Codsworth, but sadly we were unable to glean any information of use.  I am currently engaged in helping him to establish a new residence, as the old one is quite destroyed and, I am certain, holds too many painful memories for dear R.  When we first began our work, we did meet with some hostility from a very unfriendly woman (and her mongrel dog - I suspect it was rabid!), but through perseverance we were able to overcome the obstacles they presented.  We have begun to rejuvenate a property which R discovered, and have put by some store of goods for his use.  I am glad you were not there to see the size of the vermin that we met with upon beginning our work!  I cannot imagine how they became so overgrown!  I was put quite out of countenance for a moment, but there was no time to ponder the meaning of such creatures, for they were terribly aggressive and we were forced to fight them as if for our very lives!
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

23rd November:

Oh My Dear, I am sorry that this never made it to the Post!  Our dear friend R came under attack and I took up arms and ran to help him!  I shall enclose this fragment with the letter I am sending today!

Your Loving,

Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment