Wednesday, November 11, 2015

11th November

Hello My Darling,

This day finds your father in better health.  He remained at home, the better to rest today, and when he found that he was somewhat recovered,  we took the carriage and accomplished some necessary business.  It was a pleasant, sunny day, and so our excursion was an enjoyable one.

I continue to do contract work for that wizard of dubious sanity, and have received some rather favourable compensation.. To be truthful, I know not his ultimate intentions, but I suspect that he cannot be quite sane enough to make any kind of success, whatever it may be that he hopes to accomplish, and thus I am happy to earn my rewards.

I have made use of some of the new wonderful material that we received in the Post.  It diminishes and thickens in a manner that seems almost magical.  Here you see the results.  It began thus, about the size of my palm:

 then proceeded to curl in a most alarming fashion:

 until finally it flattened and hardened.  The end result is about the size of the bowl of a teaspoon.


I shall be conducting further experiments with the stuff.  You may recognise the likeness on the charm.  Pray, do not think me obsessed with this Butler (even if perhaps I am.)   I intend this to work as a sort of summoning charm, for I simply must have him in my employ.

My search for Durango goes ever onward.  I suspect that he is to be found in Korea, but there is no certainty of this.  Do you not think this could be he?


If so, then he is to be found at an agency by the name of Little Monica.  I hope to be able to bring him home soon, but I have not yet the necessary funds.

Your sister Katrina has lost her carriage permit and is driven to distraction.  She has sought high and low and everywhere in between, and we now think that there is nothing for it but to order another.  No doubt the thing will make its appearance in some strange place as soon as the new one arrives.

The wind has begun to roar in earnest.  Are you having some of the same?  I would not be greatly surprised to see children and small farm animals flying past the windows were it not so dark out of doors.   

But now I must away to bed, for the hour is late, and although we purchased new candles only today, I must extinguish them before they are quite used up!  I look forward with all eagerness to collecting you tomorrow!

Your loving,

Mother








No comments:

Post a Comment