Tuesday, November 17, 2015

17th November

Good Evening My Darling,

I must offer my apologies for writing to you at such a late hour.  It has been a day fraught with activity.  And napping.  Yes, napping.  I'm afraid to say that I was up rather late last night, for first I was engaged in chasing the infernal inflated ball, and upon returning home (at a shockingly late hour!), I became employed in helping to solve various and sundry conundrums for Mr W. Heatley.  It saddens me to tell you that for some time, he was not in full possession of his faculties, and I judged it safer to play along with his notions of what should be done rather than trying to make him see reason.  I finally accomplished his ultimate objectives this morning, and I believe him to be tranquil and perhaps even sane once again.  At any case, he has removed himself from the immediate vicinity and no longer poses any threat if his reason should chance to abandon him in future.

Today I did chance to create some quite delicious patties from quinoa and black legumes.  You see one here with a morsel of asiago cheese gracing its surface:

The mixture produced rather more than I was expecting, and I believe there will still be some here from you to try upon your return home, should you so desire.  Then again, it is possible that George will devour a large quantity of them.  If that is the case, I can certainly recreate the receipt with ease.  It needs only:

1 1/2 cups quinoa (cooked in 2 cups water, some powders of both cumin and Golden Broth)
1 can of "refried" black legumes (in all truth, they do not appear to be fried even once, let alone a second time, but I shall not quibble.)
1 hen's egg (I suppose that this distinguishes it from a duck's egg or a goose's egg, for we all know that roosters do not lay!)
and Seasoning (seasoned salt, and spices common to the Spanish Territories)

The resulting mixture is then formed into patties which are fried in a quantity of olive oil for perhaps 5 minutes per side.  They really are terribly good.

I only have one more piece of news to share, and that is that on my return home from instructing and studying the Fighting Arts of the Orient this night, I discovered that one of the cats had strewn my knitting project (the mitts for Prussia, you remember) all over the sitting room.  Oh shock!  I count myself very fortunate that the yarn was not severed, but I was mortified to see that rather a large quantity of it had been pulled off the skein and was lying in unfortunate disarray on the divan, the ottoman and the floor, as well as being draped every which way in between.  Had I a decent butler, this could never have happened.  Oh Sebastian, how I long for your arrival!

Well My Sweet, with this I shall end, and hopefully I shall have some more positive news for you on the morrow.  I shall be remembering you in performing the Holy Rites of Wednesday.  Much love to you My Darling!

Your devoted,

Mother




No comments:

Post a Comment